COVID IMPACT SURVEY – BUSINESS
Thanks to the 35 businesses who have completed the survey so far. It is not too late to complete it – https://forms.gle/jVVwyawy6Tn42hwM7 We especially welcome responses from the hospitality sector which is under represented at the moment.
COVID IMPACT SURVEY – RESIDENTS
If any of you also live in Knutsford, it would be appreciated if you could put your ‘resident hat’ on and complete this survey too – https://forms.gle/S3pi9zCxDHS5PmAo7 (over 350 residents have so far)
BUDGET – QUICK OVERVIEW
- Furlough extended until September (employers to contribute 10% in July and 20% in August / September).
- Business rates holiday to continue until June with 75% discount after that.
- £6000 per premises for non-essential outlets due to re-open in April and £18,000 for gyms, personal care, hospitality and leisure.
- Contactless payment to rise to £100.
- Lower VAT rates for hospitality firms to be maintained at 5% rate until September.
- Interim 12.5% rate will then apply for the following 6 months.
- £5bn in restart grants for shops and other businesses in England forced to close.
- All alcohol duties to be froze for 2nd year running.
- Corporation tax on company profits to rise for 19% to 25% in April 2023
- Rate to be kept at 19% for about 1.5 million smaller companies with profits of less than £50,000